Thursday, July 31, 2014

To the wind of change

To the wind of change

It has been just a week but a lot of change has taken place! The old chicken house is gone and a load of dirty base has been laid. We have the land prepped and ready for our home.


image
image

To see the old chicken house come down was really hard. Paw Paw (Jimmie Adams) poured the concrete for the chicken house in 1977 and built the chicken house that year. This is the very spot that he held my hand out and had me catch my very first fresh egg. I remember the egg being so huge in my little ol’ hand and the warmth and wetness from the egg. It was an experience that I will never forget and thankful for memories like those. The chicken house had old barn tin for the roof which we were able to save and will use in our house. This is something that Paw Paw would love to see. :)

image

No comments:

Post a Comment